Old 26-04-2005, 03:54 AM
goldfinch

"Tom Atkinson" wrote in message
I was wondering if any member of the group grows clianthus. i find it to

be
very spectacular and has flowered this winter/spring since last Novr.
I have posted 2 photos on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.
Tom Atkinson

Yes, in East Sussex, about 10 miles from the coast. It is planted against a
south wall and is now flowering after it's first winter outside. The flowers
are salmon pink, very pretty ;-)

I bought it from a garden open for NGS locally and it just so happens that
they were open again yesterday, where the "mother" of my plant was flowering
it's socks off and has been since Christmas, according to the gardener.

We get some pretty hard frosts here, so it must be tougher than many people
think.

Marina
E. Sx