Old 26-04-2005, 01:03 AM
John Savage

len gardener writes:
anyway you could aalways crack you'r own diesel from old deep fryer
fat hey dunno if it would work like that stuff outa the ground but snip
think about it. no black exhasut pipes either and onlyn the faint
smell of fish n chips or do-nuts chuckle.

Well, that's no use, Len! The diesel might chase away the fruit flies, but
if it attracts all the neighbourhood cats to dig up your garden looking for
that fish what's the good??

And as for a whiff of hot donuts. groan I've put on an extra half kilo
just thinking about it.

I do know that bees hate the smell of kerosene, and with diesel being a
similar fraction this aversion may apply equally to diesel. So it could
be that nearby crops requiring pollination by bees might be not be well
pollinated where you have diesel wicks set out to repel the fruit flies.