Old 25-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Phil L

batgirl wrote:
:: I wondered if anyone could help me identify an insect I found in
:: my garden. It was bright red, like lily beetle but looked like a
:: strawberry on legs, it had very definite dimples all over it's
:: body and was very tiny, about 7mm maximum. Does anyone know what
:: it is?

The only thing I can find which matches your description is a sap beetle,
but I think they only live in America, there's a picture he
http://www.uidaho.edu/so-id/entomolo...p%20beetle.jpg

Are you sure it wasn't a ladybird?

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004