Old 25-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Jo

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message
Great treat in store! Tomorrow I shall be planting 2, 2metre high olive
trees in my 'Mediterranean orchard' (actually on the Isle of Wight) .
Any advice would be appreciated!

I bought a small one for £10 from Columbia Road Flower market in London

last spring. It's done wonders in a sunny position...I'm in Leigh-on-Sea in
Essex and the plant is west-facing. It's grown a fair amount (now about 2'
tall) and I had lots of weeny olives last summer and again right now.....not
that you be able to tell that they were olives, unless you knew it was an
olive tree!! Beautiful plant though.
Jo