Old 25-04-2005, 10:34 PM
anita kean

In article , ken cohen wrote:
Thanks everyone for these suggestions. Are there any vegetables that
might flourish in these conditions?

I'm writing from Auckland NZ, latitude 37 degrees S.
(I've learned a lot from this group - please excuse the posting.)

A couple of years ago I planted coriander (among other things) in a
little strip behind the house where I live.
The strip, about 1.5m wide, runs SE to NW, between the house
and a c. 2m wall. In summer it gets sun for about 2-3 hours when
overhead.
The crop wasn't great, as usual - going to seed right away.

All winter (minimum temp about 5 C, maximum about 15C) I got a
continuous crop of coriander (from the seeds) that was extremely
healthy. That area gets no sun in winter, and is very cool.

Anita