Old 25-04-2005, 11:43 PM
[H]omer

ZoeM wrote:
I've got various seedlings in pots around my flat (cold frame hasn't yet
arrived). The Globe Thistle, Lavatera, Zinnia, Lobelia - all fine. But
the Laurentia and Salvia are dying left right and centre!!!

I haven't got Laurentia, but all my Salvia are also dead.

Like you, I've been very careful WRT heat, light, and moisture (no
damping off), but despite doing everything by the book, they've died
anyway. Unlike you, all mine keeled over first, before shrivelling to a
crisp.

Maybe it's just a bad year for Salvia. Mine actually died within less
than 24 hours of arriving, so Suttons have agreed to replace them. They
don't have any Salvia left in stock, so they're sending Gaillardia
'Arizona Sun' instead.

I used a very well drained potting mix with a handful of Growmore and
Vermiculite, just like I do with all my other young plants. 99% of them
love it, but the Salvia didn't, for some reason.

Where did you get yours? Were they last years seeds or this years
mini-plants bought in?

It's a mystery for sure - maybe some Salvia disease is sweeping the country.

-
[H]omer