Old 26-04-2005, 04:17 AM
js1

On 2005-04-26, Shagster wrote:
OK.. I give up.. I've been fighting major algae problems for MONTHS.. I'm
about to tear down my tank and get out of the hobby. NOTHING is working for
me....

Are they're ANY chemical solutions that are live plant friendly??

Yeah, it's called fertilizer. The nutrients in your tank are off.

http://plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=9
http://www.aquariaplants.com/alqaeproblems.htm
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_algae.htm

More links about dosing your tank:

http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jr...ry%20pmdd.html
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/articles.htm

Without knowing the details of your tank, one possible start would be
to have as the only inhabitants of your tank some SAE and other algae
eating fish. Don't feed the tank at all, and let the algae eaters eat
the algae. And, try to get your nutrient levels under control.