Old 26-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Elaine T

Shagster wrote:
OK.. I give up.. I've been fighting major algae problems for MONTHS.. I'm
about to tear down my tank and get out of the hobby. NOTHING is working for
me....

Are they're ANY chemical solutions that are live plant friendly??

Troy

Algaefix is supposed to be friendly to most plants and kill most algae.
YMMV. Avoid Algae Destroyer and other products containing simazine
because simazine is not friendly to bunch plants and grasses like
valisneria. http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Algae/simazine.html

A UV unit is good for unicellular suspended algae if your water is green.

If you want other alternatives from a bunch of other algae experts (I
think I've grown and fixed all but staghorn at some time or another),
you could post more about your tank and what you've tried. i.e. Tank
size, lighting, plants, kinds of algae, fish population, filtration,
nitrate and phosphate levels, water change schedule... Most algae
problems can be fixed without chemicals.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__