Old 26-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Shagster

I WAS adding fert. to the tank, but I've stopped all of that.. Obviously,
something is off... But I'm not sure how to tell exactly WHAT that is...
I'm going to start daily 95% water changes (and stop all fert.) and see how
it goes..

Overfeeding is NOT a problem... Plus I have two flying foxes, one algae
eater, and an otto...

On 2005-04-26, Shagster wrote:
OK.. I give up.. I've been fighting major algae problems for MONTHS..
I'm
about to tear down my tank and get out of the hobby. NOTHING is working
for
me....

Are they're ANY chemical solutions that are live plant friendly??

Yeah, it's called fertilizer. The nutrients in your tank are off.

http://plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=9
http://www.aquariaplants.com/alqaeproblems.htm
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_algae.htm

More links about dosing your tank:

http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jr...ry%20pmdd.html
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/articles.htm

Without knowing the details of your tank, one possible start would be
to have as the only inhabitants of your tank some SAE and other algae
eating fish. Don't feed the tank at all, and let the algae eaters eat
the algae. And, try to get your nutrient levels under control.