Old 26-04-2005, 05:19 AM
js1

On 2005-04-26, Shagster wrote:
I'm running a UV sterilizer... That hasn't done much.. Water is still
turning green within 3 days of a water change!

That's strange... the UV should work pretty good... should...

What kind of plants do you have in there? It may be as simple as a
nitrate/phosphate imbalance. What's your nitrate levels?

You may want some nitrate sponges like Indian Fern or Anacharis.
http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_viewer.php?id=52

You shouldn't dose unless you are measuring the levels. Plus,
what other fish do you have in there besides the algae eaters?