Old 26-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Alan

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:23:01 +0000 (UTC), "batgirl"
wrote:

I only take the slugs and snails down to the waste ground and there seems to
be plenty to eat. It's not like I take huge buckets of them every week!!!
I've seen plenty of snails there so they survive somehow.
Lily beetles - I consider them a bonus! I love them, they're so pretty. I
wouldn't move them.

Clare

Quite right. Some of these idiots here just hate sharing anything with
anything, if they perhaps took the time to think about the life of
something else then they just might well wake up and realise that a
garden with slugs, snails, moles, foxes etc is just how a garden is
supposed to be and enjoy it. Strange how the vast majority of us just
enjoy nature and there are a minority of weirdos who find it so hard
to live with!

Probably all couch potatoes.

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"batgirl" wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
Does that include lilly beetles, slugs, snails, caterpillars etc, or is
it just furry creatures?

No, all creatures. I think lily beetles are absolutely gorgeous! Take the
time to look at one closely before you squish it. They are such a
stunning colour. I realise a lot of you will think I am mad but I really
can't kill anything in the garden. I would rather work around the so
called 'pests'. I collect all the slugs and snails in a bucket and rehome
them on a huge area of overgrown waste area near my house. You may think
this a lot of effort but that way I live in harmony with nature.

Clare

They will starve, or be eaten, since obviously there will be too many to
be supported on that waste ground because it (a) wont have the nice tender
plants you supply, or (b) the particular ones (eg lily beetles eat lillies
(how many are there in the waste ground area?) and (c) it will already
have the maximum number of individuals that can be supported by the plant
growth and the local predators. You are just killing them differently.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com