Old 26-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Alan

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:13:22 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Sue Begg contains these words:

It is the loss of all my plants and hard work in the flower bed that is
upsetting me.
The whole garden is in arable land and surrounded by a 'conservation
strip' but I assume there are more worms in the flower bed :-(

The reason there are more worms in your flower bed, could be the
protective shelter you provided (old slates surface mulch). You have
created an ideal worm world, a pleasantly dim dark place with plenty of
food and loose soil, sheltered from frost, sun, and drying wind. Where
worms congregate, the local mole is sure to follow.

So now you want to get rid of the worms to stop the moles! Sigh.......
whats the world coming to?