Old 26-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Broadback

Kay wrote:
In article , Cheryl
writes

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could help me.
I seem to have some kind of pests eating my plants. A few weeks ago I
planted 3 small bedding plants which were soon one by one completely eaten
stalks and all!
Last weekend I planted 6 tomato plants (different part of the garden) and
again one by one they have been completely eaten. I have seen no sign of any
slugs in the garden so dont think its them.

They do their damage overnight. You won't see them in the daytime.

Anyone have any ideas who I have to thank for eating my plants!, could it be
ants?

No.

My biggest plant eaters, in every sense of the word are mice, they
enjoyed nearly all my caulies last year. I resorted to trapping them,
and average four a day for several weeks.