Old 26-04-2005, 12:47 PM
vsop

"ZoeM" wrote in message

I've got various seedlings in pots around my flat (cold frame hasn't yet
arrived). The Globe Thistle, Lavatera, Zinnia, Lobelia - all fine. But
the Laurentia and Salvia are dying left right and centre!!! I started
with about 40 Salvia - now I've got 8 - and every morning yet another
one is shrivelling.

I'm watering from below, not watering too much, standing them in light,
treated them with fungicide in case (although no real signs). They
aren't flopping over - just shrivelling!!! And they aren't growing
very fast - only one Laurentia has any true leaves (I planted them
about 1.5 months ago).

I'm having the same problems too, although mine are with all my tomato,
peppers, cucumbers, capsicums etc.
Slow to germinate and then growth remains static for weeks at the seed -leaf
stage. I've even resown everything but results are the same. Never had this
problem before and I've followed the same practices and conditions as I've
always done for years.
But......after a lot of cussing and head scratching I think the problem may
be that I've used old general-purpose compost left over from last
year....and I think its gone sour !
So I'm going to try yet again, with fresh medium.

vsop