Old 26-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Mike Lyle

pied piper wrote:
"Klara" wrote in message
In message , MM
writes
I think I may have been a little lax in the watering, but just

now,
when I was giving the 'lawn' another water, I did notice for the
first time several shoots undoubtedly of grass, yippee! Very
patchy, and just a very few shoots, but summat's happening at

last.
I think I'm going to need to water every several hours, as the

full
sun dries out the surface in no time.

Don't do that - you want the roots to grow strongly downward, and
they won't if the water is only near the surface. A good soak

every
2-3 days should do it...

--

rubbish you need to water every evening keep the soil damp dont

just
flood it

Doesn't it depend very much on local weather and soil conditions? I
don't think I ever bothered watering grass seed at all in West Wales,
and the way the weather is here in Chelt I don't think I would
either. Except in a real drought, I don't think Klara's advice is
rubbish at all; even without any rainfall, wouldn't it have to be
pretty hot to make it necessary to water every day?

--
Mike.