Old 26-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Newt wrote:
Spitz Mcgee Wrote:
You have all be so great to help me out! This hedge will be my only opportunity to block out the sights and more importantly sounds of the busy rural highway. It is full sun and the house is at least 50 ft away from the mound at its closest point. I am trying to minimize the negative effect on my future resale because I am the only house in the neighborhood with property line on this busy road.

If the sun will pass from north to south or east to west, you will need to know how much sun those shrubs and flowers will get after the trees are planted. If the house side of the planting will be north, that will limit what shrubs you can plant.

Newt

The sun always rises in the East and sets in the West.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Travis,

I don't believe I said that!! I meant to say if the BERM is east to west or north to south it will make a difference as to how much sun the shrubs and flowers will get.

Thanks for catching that,
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.