Old 26-04-2005, 03:24 PM

absolutely. I just got thru digging up and removing over 2000 bricks from my mothers
flower beds so we will just run an edger along there once or twice a year and follow
along with a wet/dry vac to pick up the cuttings. bricks dont stop plant creep in
both directions. Ingrid

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Why even bother with the bricks? I cut a bevel around my beds. The mower
wheel rides in the beveled edge and it gets trimmed when I mow the lawn.
Once a year I use a sod lifter to sharpen the bevel. It takes only a few
minutes to do an entire bed. I think that the bricks will be a big job to
install right, and the bricks and supplies will be costly - then, there is
the maintenance. I would rather spend my time, effort, and money on plants
and soil amendments rather than tending bricks. Also, when you decide to
change the size or shape of the bed, you will have to reconfigure the
bricks.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/
WEBSITE AT: http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/home.html
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE