Old 26-04-2005, 10:06 PM
shazzbat

"Loki" wrote in message
il Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:33:01 +0100, "shazzbat" wrote:

wrote in message
I now have 3 tools with 2-stroke engines: a mini-tiller, a weedeater,
and a leafblower. They all require different gas-oil ratios. One is
50:1, one is 40:1, one is 30:1 !

Can I mix 40:1 and use it for all 3? yes

Will it ruin anything? No.

Well if I wanted to keep my machines in good order forever, I'd go by
the rules. What is needed is an easy way to mix the different ratios.
Of course in metrics it is waaay easier to do those ratios.

True. but the specified ratio is an ideal. they have tolerance, and are not
as picky as you might think. An old geezer I used to know ran his chainsaw
on 50:1 instead of 25:1 for the better part of two years. I pointed out to
him that he should double the dose for 25:1 and he did, but no harm seems to
have been done. Admittedly he only used it occasionally, but you get the
picture.

Steve