Old 26-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Anthony W

shazzbat wrote:

True. but the specified ratio is an ideal. they have tolerance, and are not
as picky as you might think. An old geezer I used to know ran his chainsaw
on 50:1 instead of 25:1 for the better part of two years. I pointed out to
him that he should double the dose for 25:1 and he did, but no harm seems to
have been done. Admittedly he only used it occasionally, but you get the
picture.

Steve

Hogwash. Using a non-standard ratio is a good way to cook an engine.
Some one with two-stroke tuning experience can tune the engines that
take 50 to 1 to run on a richer mixture but don't go the other way.

Tony