Old 26-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Sylvan Butler

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:16:11 GMT, wrote:
I now have 3 tools with 2-stroke engines: a mini-tiller, a weedeater,
and a leafblower. They all require different gas-oil ratios. One is
50:1, one is 40:1, one is 30:1 !

Can I mix 40:1 and use it for all 3? Will it ruin anything?

Are any still under warranty? If so, you should put the proper mixture
in that one to avoid any warranty claim problems.

My personal practice is to use the mix with the most oil (e.g. 30:1 in
your case) in everything. If I had problems with carbon fouling or
excess smoke, that would indicate too much oil and I'd have to reduce.
No problems thus far (over 25 years with many brands of 2-cycle engines
both mine and the first 10 years my employer's).

I also _always_ use Stabil in the gas for my 2-cycle engines. And
Stabil in the gas for 4-cycle engines late in the season when they may
not be used again for some time. Never a problem with seasonal storage
since I started that practice ~7 years ago.

sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com