Old 27-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Elaine T

So excess PO4 causes algae does it?
Really?
How much would you like to bet in a fully planted tank on this?

I have had 1ppm of available PO4 for over 15 years and no algae issues
related in any way to PO4. So have 1000's of others.

Where is my algae?
I add KH2PO4 3-4x a week

Regards,
Tom Barr

3rd annual Plant Fest July 8-14th 2005!
Get connected
www.BarrReport.com Get the information

I DID send Mermaid to Google for your posts on fertilizer balance and
buffers. :-)

Horst and Kipper (yeah, you probably know them personally) say in The
Optimum Aquarium that phosphate over 1.0 ppm in addition to high nitrate
is the most common cause of algae. That's where I got the idea. I
thought that book was supposed to be pretty accurate.

As for your tanks, I assume if there's 1 ppm of phosphate, then there's
8 ppm nitrate, 16 ppm potash, and everything else present in the proper
quantities needed for plants to use it. I suspect those are some pretty
happy and fast-growing plants too! ;-)

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__