Old 27-04-2005, 05:45 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:37:51 GMT, da wrote:

Thanks SuE,

I run a humidifier in the apartment 24/7 during the fall, winter and
early spring. I don't do if for the plants though, this place is just
too dry and I'm not comfortable unless it's running. Actually maybe
the heat has something to do with it. The place has been warm enough
for weeks that I've had it off, but it has been on for the past few
days thanks to this cool front that we've been experiencing recently.
Unfortunately the plant has to sit closer to the heater than I'd
prefer in an ideal world, but my window space and available light is
severely limited.

I don't have any tool to measure the humidity levels in the rooms. I
just set it run until I can just see water vapour forming on the
windows.

My plant currently doesn't have any aerial roots. There is one root
that is close to the surface -- I can just see it under a thin spot in
the mossy cover, but it is still mostly concealed.
--Vic

Vic -

I forgot the moss. I let it green up. I like the natural look
of it around the plants. Other people don't like it. If it
turns BLACK definitely spray with a fungicide and clean it out.
But green looks like a tree would with the moss, and stuff around
the plant.
SuE