Old 27-04-2005, 09:33 AM
JB

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:11:50 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

There is no moral "step" between eating a worm and a chicken imho,
only a cultural one for some humans. It's sustenance. People like me
who eat chickens and eggs are feeding on that food chain ..just like
badgers.

The only 'step' between the two that I meant to suggest is that a
chicken is much bigger than a worm. There is no 'moral' step to use
your phrase; after all these are animals morals, along with all the
obligations and rights that go with them, are a meaningless concept in
this context.

I only asked because I was naively ignorant of badger behaviour /
mislead by the fluffy bunny brigade (delete according to preferred
opinion)

JB