Old 27-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
verging on the limits of acrobats is being performed in the garden by
Sparrows. I have tied some bundles of soft brown string up and the birds

are
pulling it to pieces, flying off with a few strands and returning for

more.
Nice soft nest lining in nests somewhere, but it is the antics and

acrobatic
performances they put up which is truly amazing.

Try it in your garden. We have ours tied on one of the trellises

Mike

Since posting the above, we have had to re stock the string AND put the
fluff from the Tumble Drier filter into a ball and tied that up!! They went
mad over that and fought each off!!

Sparrows are by far the most frequent visitors, nearly always one, possibly
more at a time, but Starlings have had a good look at the antics, Pigeons
too, but not made an attempt to do a Wilfred Pickles

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past