Old 27-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Elaine T

I have an algae problem, and I have plants that I don't want to poison
getting rid of the algae... it is a green algae in the goldfish tank,
and a brown algae in the danio/guppie tank... are there some breedsof
fish who live off algaee that won't decimate my other plants? which
can be good with tropical vs. goldfish tanks?

Otocinclus are awesome for brown algae. They won't harm your plants at
all, and will actually eat brown and soft green algae off of the leaves,
rocks, and glass. They're shoaling fish best kept in small groups.
They require a bit of wood to rasp on, and algae wafers if they run out
of algae.

For the coolwater goldfish tank, you could try hillstream loaches.
http://www.loaches.com/species_pages...chowensis.html.
They also need algae wafers once the algae is gone.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__