Old 27-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Dave Poole writes:

| Thank goodness my Strelitzia doesn't get a chance to even glance at
| the Gardener's World magazine. It is planted in a sheltered border
| outside, has to endure light frosts occasionally in winter and manages
| to spread its thick roots for quite a distance. Obviously a bit of a
| maverick like me - it responds by flowering!

As we corresponded before, it can take significant overnight
frosts in Zambia. And, of course, it is planted outside there!
But the soil never freezes and the daytime temperatures are
always warm enough to thaw leaves.

What soil you you grow it in and how much do you feed it?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.