Old 27-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Derek Turner

Duncan Heenan wrote:

I like badgers, and I live in the country.

so do a great number of imported townie bunny-huggers. doesn't make you
a countryman.

infect our
cattle with TB,

Unproven, as is the counter hypothesis that bovine TB in badgers is actually
caught from cattle. More and better research is needed before a species is
wiped out.

and the FBB sabotage all attempts to prove it one way or the other. I
know what my farming neighbours think.

undermine our fields so we break the axles on our machinery

Nonsense. Badgers do not make their sets in open fields. Their usual habitat
is in woodland, and under tree roots. The closes they might get to a field
is the hedgerow.

we have no woodland anywhere near us, only hedgerows and sandy soil. try
telling my farmer next-door-neighbour that his very expensive
repair-bill was not caused by badgers - DEFRA issued him a license to
evict them.