Old 27-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Kay

In article , Stan The Man
writes
In article , Kay
wrote:

In article , Stan The Man
writes
Professional gardeners keep watering thoroughly even while it's raining
since most of our showers don't deliver enough.

That is not universally true, or necessary, throughout the UK.

I'll take the point. But it is true in 95% percent of the UK.

I'm very surprised at that, living as I do in Yorkshire - my soil does
not dry out beyond the top inch or so, and whereas I need to water
shallow rooted things for the first week or so in summer, there is no
need for anything other than an initial watering for shrubs.

Then you are in the 5% (of the population, not land mass)

Right - I wondered if you were talking population rather than land area.
Even so, I am surprised at the 95%. There are quite a lot of us living
in the N and W, you know ;-)

--
Kay