Old 28-04-2005, 12:27 AM

I wasn't aware, until my post, that termites weren't an issue in the
UK. If I had thought about it though, seeing how your houses are made
of masonry and not wood, they have no food source... hence no problem.
Sorry.
I also know that this list isn't comprised of just UK gardeners, but
mostly. With all that wealth of knowledge I had figured I'd get a wide
variety of answers... more than I would have gotten from here, in the
US.
And I am slowly realising that the British sense of humour is sometimes
far different than my own...so I'll try, in the future, to remember not
to jump, but look and think first. If in doubt, I'll check with hubby!

Thank you all again... and just to pass on the info - I was told to 1)
use a bit of boric acid in the soil, 2) water the soil heavily, or 3)
put cheyenne pepper of the actual termites themselves... the only one
that sounds reasonable is the boric acid, but is it still ok to eat the
veggies that come from the treated area?? The answers are varied on
that one too...

Erin