Old 28-04-2005, 04:58 AM
Mick Fournier

Joanna,

If someone asks me if they will be able to raise potted orchids or grow them
from flask I have always told them no. And then I change the subject to
another topic not about orchids. If they ask me for a growing tip without
bewailing their destiny to ultimately kill the plant, then that is another
happier story of course and I will offer my advice.

I can't stand people who have doubts about themselves and their most
elementary capabilities... so I never encourage them to break out of their
mental prison (and try orchid growing).

But you know what is funny? Whenever I say that to someone (especially on
the phone) they almost always turn around and still buy 3 flasks (ie the
minimum) from me. It's strange.

Mick