Old 28-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Elaine T

SkyCatcher wrote:
Hi,

Thanks again.....do you have any experience of the penn plax bubble walls? I
use aquatics-online a lot and they are very good... what I need is something
that will last a long time without clogging - how lond did your aqua-fizz
work for?

Sky.
http://www.all4fish.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh...%23a 848#a848

Aqua Fizz are standard sand airstones. You can soak them in vinegar
when they start to clog to get the deposits out, and they gradually
crumble. I think mine went for about 3 years with periodic soakings
before it crumbled enough that I replaced it. My water was quite hard,
and I had to soak any airstone at least every 6 months to keep back
pressure off of the pump.

I'm wondering if my friend's bubble wall was Penn Plax now that I've
seen that picture. It was straight with a connector, not flexible. She
had two hooked together along 2 walls of her hex tank so the background
was a curtain of bubbles. Very pretty effect.

I wonder if the finely perforated tubing might be lower maintenance?

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__