Old 28-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Jo

"gavin" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fast climber that doesn't mind
the shade? If it has a nice flower then so much the better :-)

I apologise if this question, or a variant, has been asked here many times
before :-) I'm very much a gardening newbie.

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

I've grown 2 clematis (Nelly Moser & Montana) on a north-facing
fence/trellis for a couple of years now and their growth is pretty frantic
with loads of blooms. The fence is in shade for much of the time and gets
the sun occasionally. They seem to be pretty hardy plants and very quick
growers.

Jo