Old 28-04-2005, 11:03 AM
dusty

"J Fortuna" wrote in
news:rxVbe.16734$yc.13891@trnddc07:

Joanna

Well Joanna I think it will only happen when the people who sell them gain
some inkling of how to grow them. People as in management. Associates are
required to do what they are told and not allowed by management to think
for themselves. I've been around to most of the retailers like Target,
Lowes, Home Depot, Franks Nursery, Target, Kmart and Trader Joes. The only
place I found that had some idea of how to care for them was Franks Nursery
where they kept culture sheets handy for the customers. The worst places
(in order of ignorance) are all #1 Home Depot = over watering (plants drown
in their plastic/fancy containers or put into half full trays of water.)
#2 Target drownings on a regular bases (fancy containers without drain
holes) #3Lowes plants are either over watered or never watered.
So you can see that by the time most people buy these plants they are
already on their way to being dead.
But then there's people like me that prey on that ignorance and improve my
orchid collection at the discount self.
signed sucker for $ discount shelf.

Grow well and bloom magnificently
Dusty