Old 28-04-2005, 03:08 PM

David Bockman ) wrote:
: "Larry" wrote in
: :

: My newly planted Japanese maple tree was crimson red when I bought it,
: but now has gone green. Everything I read said they do better in
: shade, so that is where I planted it. It does get an hour or so of
: direct sun per day. Now I read in places that it gets green when its
: in shade! Is this just a phase of growth for warm temps? Or is it
: solely do to the shade? Any advice appreciated.
:
: Larry
I believe it's just due to the shade. I have a Japanese maple ("Bloodgood")
which started out in full sun, but now that surrounding trees are bigger,
some of the more shaded branches are less red and more green.

Albert