Old 28-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Steve Calvin

Anthony W wrote:

Loki wrote:

My motorcycle had instructions for storing that involved removing all
oil and fuel, but since I never stored it I never read it too
thoroughly. And that was a four stroke. Old fuel gets kinda sticky
I've noticed. And a car left in the driveway for a year or two will
rust in place - those brake linings can suuuure stick!

Some motorcycle manuals have some rather lame advice in them. If you
store a bike for the winter, drain the carb but leave the tank full.
This way the tank won't rust out.

Come spring drain the gas into a can and put it in your pickup truck.
Then start the bike with fresh gas..

Tony
former motorcycle mechanic
Owner: OregonMotorcycleParts.com

Never done that with any of my bikes and haven't ever had a problem

--
Steve