Old 28-04-2005, 06:18 PM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:18:04 GMT, Tom Randy
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 05:07:44 +0000, vicsage wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with my phal. I'm glad I've got it. I
just don't know if I'll ever buy another one. --Vic

Same here. I have a really green thumb and can grow just about anything
but I'll be damned if I can get my phals and dens to bloom. Dens are neat
as hell but I probably won't buy any more Phals. I also really like Oncs
now too.

Tom

Actually Tom, I didn't mean I doubt if I'd ever buy another phal. I
meant I doubt if I'd ever buy another orchid. So far I've been lucky
with the one I own -- it has rebloomed and it is developing new
leaves. I just don't know if that luck would hold with a second plant,
and I'm cheap enough to hate the idea of throwing $20, $30, $40 or
more on something that is going to die on me. Since most of my
houseplants have been grown from cuttings, or picked up on deeply
discounted sale tables, investing double digit figures in a plant
takes a lot of faith, and I'm not sure I believe enough in my ability
to grow orchids.

If I were to consider another orchid, a phal would probably be high on
my list. I'd like something different, but I'd have to reason that if
I could grow this one, my odds might be slightly better trying to grow
another, similar plant.
--Vic