Old 28-04-2005, 04:37 PM
bigboard

Stan The Man wrote:

In article , bigboard
wrote:

Stan The Man wrote:

...or if not, what other creature might be responsible for the
disembowelled rat next to my compost heap? Actually, it was only
slightly disembowelled so maybe my welcome predator changed its mind on
tasting it...... TIA.

They certainly do if they can get them.

More likely to be a cat, IMO.

Cat would be prime suspect but there are no domestic cats within a mile
and I have never seen a wild one here.

In an area with such a low population density of cats, I would still not be
surprised if it was a cat. If they don't have to cross other cat's
territories, they will roam a long way. Some cats will, anyway. We had one
that roamed at least that far.

--
In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians
called it "Christmas" and went to church; the Jews called it "Hanukka"