Old 28-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Sacha

On 28/4/05 9:40, in article ,
"troubleinstore" wrote:

Hi,

My garden is 43 foot long and 19 foot wide and at the moment is cover in
grass and a vast amount of weeds.

Because of health problems suffered by my wife and myself, we are unable to
tend it as one should, so we thought of putting pebble down.

Now I understand that you are supposed to put a permeable membrane down
first and then 10mm pebble on top.

Question is after the grass has been cutt, do I have to kill all the grass
and weeds (I've got a tub of sodium clorate) and then level the ground or
will the sheer volume of pebble on top of the membrane do this for me.

Any advice, tips, offers of saomeone to come and do it for me :-)) would be
most appreciated.
--
troubleinstore

If you can, pave it, leaving small areas in which to plant some shrubs and
putting a little fountain in the middle, perhaps - very soothing. You could
place shrubs around the edge in pots or group them here and there. If you
have pebbles they will be very dangerous for you to walk on and you won't be
able to move garden furniture to where you want it at any given time of day
or year. Can you get someone to do this for you and is it an affordable
option? I do think pebbles are going to give you some headaches.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk