Old 28-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Dave

The message
from (ken cohen) contains these words:

Any suggestions for I might try to grow along a very shaded 15 foot
stretch of north- facing garden wall (about 6 foot high) which doesn't
get much direct sunlight? The soil seems very heavy and clumpy, so
presumably has a high clay content, as you'd expect in North London.

Janet Baraclough writes
If you're prepared to put up some supporting wires or trellis, golden
hop would do well. It's perennial, dies away completely in winter, grows
afresh from underground each summer and will cover a large space.

I'm rather proud of my three smallish skimmia which are evergreen and in
flower atm in just this sort of situation. I hope they grow big and the
flowers continue.

Label shows:

Skimmia confusa x Kew Green
--