Old 28-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Hound Dog

"Bear Drummer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to find a source for sarsaparilla for us to grow - We are
in Southern Mississippi... we love root beer, and my sister has started
making teas with what she finds at the herb shops, but we want to grow
it, not buy it in bulk...

I have searched Burpee's, and done google searches looking for a
source... does anyone have ideas on where to obtain some?

When I was a young boy, we had a terrible storm in Kentucky where we lived.
The wind had blow down many trees including a Sarsaparilla tree. (At least
that's what my grand dad called it) He cut off several of the roots and
boiled them in a large kettle of water and added a lot of sugar. Best root
beer I have ever drank.

I don't know if you can find sarsaparilla herbs, but I have found a
concentrated liquid form in the food stores that can be diluted and brewed
into a good non carbonated drink.