Old 28-04-2005, 09:25 PM
George

"Elaine T" wrote in message
Charles wrote:

I just use dirt. Put some gravel or rocks on top to keep the fish
out. It sometimes clouds the water a bit, but then settles.

what is sold for potting soil here floats, lots of perlite and wood
bark products.

I have read that the Schultz product will break pumps, if that is a
consideration.

Break pumps how? If chunks of it get past the prefilter? Enquiring minds
with this stuff in their ponds need to know!

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

The particles are very small (~ 2 mm). Unless your pump is also very small, I
don't see how it is going to be a problem, especially since it is supposed to be
confined to the plant containers. My pump is a utility pump and will
practically pump sand (though obviously not for an extended period of time).