Old 28-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Mike Lyle

tom wrote:
A very kind farmer has just delivered me 2 tonnes or top soil but

has
said he's also mixed in some 1/2 tonne of chicken sh*t.

Having read an article on how strong it is i am frightened of

putting
it on the garden straight away, but its on my drive & does smell a
bit.

I wished now he'd not mixed it in with the top soil as I could have
then just mixed the poo in with my compost bin soil and let it
decompose a bit first.

Other than put it straight on the soil should I mix the whole lot

in
with the compost bin soil?

It may depend on what you meant to do with the topsoil. What was the
plan? (But I wouldn't dilute the compost you've made.)

--
Mike.