Old 29-04-2005, 10:59 AM
bigboard

Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from bigboard contains these words:

Stan The Man wrote:

...or if not, what other creature might be responsible for the
disembowelled rat next to my compost heap? Actually, it was only
slightly disembowelled so maybe my welcome predator changed its mind on
tasting it...... TIA.

They certainly do if they can get them.

More likely to be a cat, IMO.

Cats tend to eat everything except the bowels, or at least, the liver
etc. It amazes me how they manage to excise rodent organs absolutely
clean and completely unbroken. Dogs just eat the lot.

Possibly, another rat?

You could be right. Rats certainly cannibalise each other.

Janet

--
"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with
reality at any point."