Old 29-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes

. Then last summer, someone advertised secondhand a small Black and
Decker electric hedgetrimmer for 15 quid and let me have a trial run.
Brilliant! It's light and very manoeuvrable . I can easily cut 50 m of
hawthorn hedge in a single session, faster and easier than the
handshears with a tighter neater finish. Model GC 16 H2, with a 16 "
blade.

I bought a small, cheap rechargeable from the local DIY shed last year
and so far am very pleased with it. If I keep it recharged, it's as
quick to get out as the hand shears, it's well balanced and not too
heavy, and I get bored very easily so never cut huge amounts of hedge in
one go. It won't handle thick stuff (more than 1cm), but for trimming
off masses of new growth it's great, and as a bonus made light work of
trimming the dead flowering stems from the lavender, marjoram and winter
savory.
--
Kay