Old 29-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Toolmaker" wrote in message
"
Problem is that there is no glue or solvent in existence that will glue
polyethylene.

How can this be true ?
As a previous poster has said, there is a readily available sticky tape
specifically produced to repair tares in the poly.
I have some and use it with much success.
It is coated with glue which sticks like crazy to the poly.
The adhesive may not be generally available as a stand alone product which
we can buy in tins, but I feel it is untrue to state that there is no glue
that will glue poly(eth?)ythene - or whatever a polytun is constructed with.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com