Old 29-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Mike Lyle

Peter Stockdale wrote:
"Toolmaker" wrote in message
"
Problem is that there is no glue or solvent in existence that will
glue polyethylene.

How can this be true ?
As a previous poster has said, there is a readily available sticky
tape specifically produced to repair tares in the poly.
I have some and use it with much success.
It is coated with glue which sticks like crazy to the poly.
The adhesive may not be generally available as a stand alone

product
which we can buy in tins, but I feel it is untrue to state that

there
is no glue that will glue poly(eth?)ythene - or whatever a polytun

is
constructed with.

Perfect logic, but the fact remains that there isn't a glue for
poly[ethyl]ene, which isn't a million miles different from ptfe, the
non-stick frying-pan stuff. It's always joined by welding. The
problem is, I think, that the adhesives on gaffer tape and such-like,
while they will stick well to polythene till they dry out a few years
later, can't be applied in amateur conditions.

--
Mike.