Old 30-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Koitoy Koitoy is offline
Registered User

Exactly right! Spawning is one of the primary causes of foam in a garden
pond. It _is_ a good idea to scoop out the foam.
--
derek[/quote]

Oh thank goodness. I had some white foam in the pond today and I am like- what is wrong? What did I do? I found my first Koi baby today. Amongst the 100 black baby comets he stands out. He is only about 3/4 of an inch long. He is white with a big red polka dot on his back. He must be a Koi right? All my other babies stay black for what seems a long time. I am tempted to net him to look for tiny barbs. lol I will resist the urge.