Old 29-04-2005, 09:14 PM
paghat

In article , Tom Bates
wrote:

I don't really dislike squirrels so I sort of put up with them but last
year our two dwarf Peach trees had a motherload of fruit. But it all
got done in by the squirrels.
The question is can I get a net to go over the trees to keep the hungry
things out?
Would I be better off overfeeding them on trays of sunflower seeds?
Or maybe a couple of fake Owl's in /near the trees?

Nets work fine for birds but squirrels would probably figure out how to
get in one, though it's worth a try, & feeding them fatty seeds MIGHT
cause them to lose interest in large fruits. Here's a list of things to do
keep squirrels from harvesting fruits before you can:
http://www.paghat.com/squirrelcontrol.html

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he