Old 29-04-2005, 09:26 PM
nambucca

"Trefor Jones" wrote in message
I've been happily shredding envelopes together with junk mail and other
superfluous letters and adding them to my compost. I read recently that
certain guests of Her Majesty were employed opening undeliverd letters and
extracting the little plastic address windows before sending them (the

paper
envelopes that is, not the plastic bits) to be recycled.

Anyone know what the plastic windows are made of and will they compost?

Trefor

No the plastic bits will not compost and they are a damm pain to pick out

again
I shred all my envelopes etc and put every cardboard box going into my
compost .........works a treat