Old 29-04-2005, 09:49 PM
batgirl

Did you see there is a form to fill in on the linked site as they monitor
newt populations?

Clare

"bigjon" wrote in message
batgirl decided to add:

Found this...

http://www.herpetofauna.co.uk/smooth_newt.htm

Clare

"bigjon" wrote in message
We were cleaning out the pumps on our pond this week and came across
this -
http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/lizzie.html
It was about three inches long, nose to tip of tail, and played dead
until
released into the water. We are presuming it's a common newty type
thing,
but as we've only had the pond a couple of years we are wondering...
We now know there are a couple of these above at least, maybe more along
with a shedfull of frogs and countless tadpoles!

Thanks anybody that can help !!

Yes - I'm sure it's a common newt now - I just love this, having wildlife
in the Garden !!
Thank you.